Caterpie is a Bug pokemon with a maximum CP of 443.52. With enough candies, Caterpie evolves into Metapod. Metapod then evolves Butterfree. Continue reading below for more information on where to find Caterpie in Pokemon Go.
“Caterpie has a voracious appetite. It can devour leaves bigger than its body right before your eyes. From its antenna, this Pokemon releases a terrifically strong odor.”
- As a Bug, Caterpie is strong against grass, psychic and dark Pokemon.
- As a Bug type, Caterpie is weak against rock, fire, flying Pokemon.
Move 1: Tackle, Bug Bite
- Tackle is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 12 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.1 seconds.
- Bug Bite is a Bug-type move. It has a attack power of 6 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 0.45 seconds.
Move 2: Struggle
- Struggle is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 15 and an energy increase of 0. It has a cool down period of 1.695 seconds.
At this stage, Caterpie evolves into Metapod. You will need 12 Caterpie Candy to evolve them.
Candies for Evolution: 12 Caterpie Candy
How To Find Caterpie in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Bug pokemon, look to find Caterpie in grassy areas like parks or fields. You may also find them in wooded areas.
Can Caterpie hatch from an egg?
Caterpie will hatch from a 2km egg.