Learn how to find Gengar in Pokemon Go. Below you will find the Pokedex for Gengar, including a full moveset rundown, how to best use it in battle, evolution details, and Pokemon Go locations.
“Sometimes, on a dark night, your shadow thrown by a streetlight will suddenly and startlingly overtake you. It is actually a Gengar running past you, pretending to be your shadow.”
- As a Ghost, Gengar is strong against psychic and ghost Pokemon.
- As a Ghost type, Gengar is weak against ghost and dark Pokemon.
Move 1: Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw is a Ghost-type move. It has a attack power of 16 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 0.95 seconds.
- Sucker Punch is a Dark-type move. It has a attack power of 7 and an energy increase of 4. It has a cool down period of 0.7 seconds.
Move 2: Dark Pulse, Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse is a Dark-type move. It has a attack power of 45 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3.5 seconds.
- Sludge Wave is a Poison-type move. It has a attack power of 60 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3.4 seconds.
There is no further evolution from Gengar.
Gengar evolves from a Haunter.
How To Find Gengar in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Ghost pokemon, look to find Gengar during the night time. Note that while it’s no guarantee, many times you’ll find that pokemon that are Poison, Ghost, or Psychic are also nocturnal. Therefore, grab your flashlight and head out into the night!
Can Gengar hatch from an egg?
Gengar will not hatch from an egg.
Where to Find Gengar in NYC
- Maria Hernandez Park in Brooklyn at Night. Notes: Park