“Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokemon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.”
- As a Water, Magikarp is strong against fire, ground and rock Pokemon.
- As a Water type, Magikarp is weak against electric and grass Pokemon.
Move 1: Splash
- Splash is a Water-type move. It has a attack power of 0 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.23 seconds.
Move 2: Struggle
- Struggle is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 15 and an energy increase of 0. It has a cool down period of 1.695 seconds.
At this stage, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados. You will need 400 Magikarp Candy to evolve them.
Candies for Evolution: 400 Magikarp Candy
How To Find Magikarp in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Water pokemon, look to find Magikarp in areas near water. This could be oceans, lakes, rivers, and even fountains. Weather also factors into Pokemon Go. Therefore, if it’s raining outside, you may have better luck finding this pokemon.
Can Magikarp hatch from an egg?
Magikarp will hatch from a 2km egg.
Where to Find Magikarp in NYC
- 130th & Convent in Manhattan at Dusk. Notes: Saint Nicholas Park is close by
- Cropsey Park in Brooklyn at Dusk. Notes: By the bay
- Astoria Park (under the bridge, close to the east river) in Queens at Afternoon. Notes: Magikarps spawn regularly in this area, good spot to farm gyra
- Pearl St just south of Hanover Sq in Manhattan at Afternoon. Notes: CP10