Poliwag is a Water pokemon with a maximum CP of 795.96. With enough candies, Poliwag evolves into Poliwhirl. Poliwhirl then evolves Poliwrath. Continue reading below for more information on where to find Poliwag in Pokemon Go.
“Poliwag has a very thin skin. It is possible to see the Pokemon’s spiral innards right through the skin. Despite its thinness, however, the skin is also very flexible. Even sharp fangs bounce right off it.”
- As a Water, Poliwag is strong against fire, ground and rock Pokemon.
- As a Water type, Poliwag is weak against electric and grass Pokemon.
Move 1: Bubble, Mud Shot
- Bubble is a Water-type move. It has a attack power of 15 and an energy increase of 15. It has a cool down period of 2.3 seconds.
- Mud Shot is a Ground-type move. It has a attack power of 12 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 0.55 seconds.
Move 2: Body Slam, Bubble Beam, Mud Bomb
- Body Slam is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 50 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 1.56 seconds.
- Bubble Beam is a Water-type move. It has a attack power of 25 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2.9 seconds.
- Mud Bomb is a Ground-type move. It has a attack power of 25 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2.6 seconds.
At this stage, Poliwag evolves into Poliwhirl. You will need 25 Poliwag Candy to evolve them.
Candies for Evolution: 25 Poliwag Candy
How To Find Poliwag in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Water pokemon, look to find Poliwag in areas near water. This could be oceans, lakes, rivers, and even fountains. Weather also factors into Pokemon Go. Therefore, if it’s raining outside, you may have better luck finding this pokemon.
Can Poliwag hatch from an egg?
Poliwag will hatch from a 5km egg.