Learn how to find Shellder in Pokemon Go. Below you will find the Pokedex for Shellder, including a full moveset rundown, how to best use it in battle, evolution details, and Pokemon Go locations.
“At night, this Pokemon uses its broad tongue to burrow a hole in the seafloor sand and then sleep in it. While it is sleeping, Shellder closes its shell, but leaves its tongue hanging out.”
- As a Water, Shellder is strong against fire, ground and rock Pokemon.
- As a Water type, Shellder is weak against electric and grass Pokemon.
Move 1: Ice Shard, Tackle
- Ice Shard is a Ice-type move. It has a attack power of 10 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.4 seconds.
- Tackle is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 12 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.1 seconds.
Move 2: Icy Wind, Water Pulse, Bubblebeam
- Icy Wind is a Ice-type move. It has a attack power of 15 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3.8 seconds.
- Water Pulse is a Water-type move. It has a attack power of 30 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3.3 seconds.
At this stage, Shellder evolves into Cloyster. You will need 50 Shellder Candy to evolve them.
Candies for Evolution: 50 Shellder Candy
How To Find Shellder in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Water pokemon, look to find Shellder in areas near water. This could be oceans, lakes, rivers, and even fountains. Weather also factors into Pokemon Go. Therefore, if it’s raining outside, you may have better luck finding this pokemon.
Can Shellder hatch from an egg?
Shellder will hatch from a 5km egg.