|This is how you catch Mewtwo, the Legendary Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y. As it is not an easy fight, here are some tips to help you do it.|
Where to catch Mewtwo:
- Once you beat the Elite Four, return to Pokemon Village and you will notice that the man once blocking the cave will no longer be there. Enter the cave.
- Save once you enter the cave, and then engage Mewtwo by talking to him.
What you need to catch Mewtwo:
- Plenty of Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, and Timer Balls.
- A Pokemon that knows Thunder Wave.
- A team of Pokemon without Poison or Fighting type Pokemon
Tips for catching Mewtwo:
- Mewtwo’s four moves are Recover, Psychic, Barrier, and Aura Sphere.
- Since Mewtwo will often heal itself with Recover, try to draw the battle on long enough so that he runs out of PP and can no longer use it. It will be tedious, but worth it.
- Use Thunder Wave to paralyze Mewtwo and prevent it from using Recover as often. This might give you the chance of throwing a ball while Mewtwo is at low health.
- Being as Mewtwo is in a cave, Dusk Balls are especially powerful and will have a 3.5x multiplier.
- Depending on how long the battle drags on (such as if you cause Mewtwo to use up all of its PP for Recover) Timer Balls will have up to a 4x multiplier, and will be especially effective.