Learn how to find Ekans in Pokemon Go. Below you will find the Pokedex for Ekans, including a full moveset rundown, how to best use it in battle, evolution details, and Pokemon Go locations.
“Ekans curls itself up in a spiral while it rests. Assuming this position allows it to quickly respond to a threat from any direction with a glare from its upraised head.”
- As a Poison, Ekans is strong against grass and fairy Pokemon.
- As a Poison type, Ekans is weak against ground and psychic Pokemon.
Move 1: Acid, Poison Sting
- Acid is a Poison-type move. It has a attack power of 10 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.05 seconds.
- Poison Sting is a Poison-type move. It has a attack power of 6 and an energy increase of 4. It has a cool down period of 0.575 seconds.
Move 2: Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Wrap
- Gunk Shot is a Poison-type move. It has a attack power of 60 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3 seconds.
- Sludge Bomb is a Poison-type move. It has a attack power of 50 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2.6 seconds.
- Wrap is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 15 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 4 seconds.
At this stage, Ekans evolves into Arbok. You will need 50 Ekans Candy to evolve them.
Candies for Evolution: 50 Ekans Candy
How To Find Ekans in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Poison pokemon, look to find Ekans during the night time. Note that while it’s no guarantee, many times you’ll find that pokemon that are Poison, Ghost, or Psychic are also nocturnal. Therefore, grab your flashlight and head out into the night!
Can Ekans hatch from an egg?
Ekans will hatch from a 5km egg.