Learn how to find Gyarados in Pokemon Go. Below you will find the Pokedex for Gyarados, including a full moveset rundown, how to best use it in battle, evolution details, and Pokemon Go locations.
“When Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, its brain cells undergo a structural transformation. It is said that this transformation is to blame for this Pokemon’s wildly violent nature.”
- As a Water, Gyarados is strong against fire, ground and rock Pokemon.
- As a Water type, Gyarados is weak against electric and grass Pokemon.
Move 1: Bite
- Bite is a Dark-type move. It has a attack power of 6 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 0.5 seconds.
Move 2: Twister
- Twister is a Dragon-type move. It has a attack power of 15 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2.7 seconds.
There is no further evolution from Gyarados.
Gyarados evolves from a Magikarp.
How To Find Gyarados in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Water pokemon, look to find Gyarados in areas near water. This could be oceans, lakes, rivers, and even fountains. Weather also factors into Pokemon Go. Therefore, if it’s raining outside, you may have better luck finding this pokemon.
Can Gyarados hatch from an egg?
Gyarados will not hatch from an egg.