Learn how to find Onix in Pokemon Go. Below you will find the Pokedex for Onix, including a full moveset rundown, how to best use it in battle, evolution details, and Pokemon Go locations.
Onix is a Rock pokemon with a maximum CP of 857.2. Continue reading below for more information on where to find Onix in Pokemon Go.
“Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokemon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. As it grows older, its body becomes increasingly rounder and smoother.”
- As a Rock, Onix is strong against fire, ice, flying and bug Pokemon.
- As a Rock type, Onix is weak against water, grass, ground, fighting and steel Pokemon.
Move 1: Rock Throw, Tackle
- Rock Throw is a Rock-type move. It has a attack power of 12 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.36 seconds.
- Tackle is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 12 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.1 seconds.
Move 2: Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Iron Head
- Rock Slide is a Rock-type move. It has a attack power of 40 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3.2 seconds.
- Stone Edge is a Rock-type move. It has a attack power of 55 and an energy increase of 0.5. It has a cool down period of 3.1 seconds.
- Iron Head is a Steel-type move. It has a attack power of 40 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2 seconds.
There is no further evolution from Onix.
How To Find Onix in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Rock pokemon, look to find Onix in areas with rocky terrain. While there are no promises, you may have better luck finding this pokemon if your hiking in the woods or near a mountain.
Can Onix hatch from an egg?
Onix will hatch from a 10km egg.
Where to Find Onix in NYC
- J. Hood Wright Park in Manhattan at Afternoon. Notes: Park
- John Jay Park (E 78th St & Cherokee Pl) in Manhattan at Afternoon. Notes: John Jay Park
- long island city in Queens at Morning. Notes: none
- Park on the corner of 43rd and Skillman in Queens at Morning. Notes: low-ish CP, found 3 in a row, common there