Learn how to find Staryu in Pokemon Go. Below you will find the Pokedex for Staryu, including a full moveset rundown, how to best use it in battle, evolution details, and Pokemon Go locations.
“Staryu’s center section has an organ called the core that shines bright red. If you go to a beach toward the end of summer, the glowing cores of these Pokemon look like the stars in the sky.”
- As a Water, Staryu is strong against fire, ground and rock Pokemon.
- As a Water type, Staryu is weak against electric and grass Pokemon.
Move 1: Water Gun, Quick Attack
- Water Gun is a Water-type move. It has a attack power of 10 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 0.5 seconds.
- Quick Attack is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 10 and an energy increase of 7. It has a cool down period of 1.33 seconds.
Move 2: Bubble Beam, Power Gem, Swift
- Bubble Beam is a Water-type move. It has a attack power of 25 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2.9 seconds.
- Power Gem is a Rock-type move. It has a attack power of 40 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 2.9 seconds.
- Swift is a Normal-type move. It has a attack power of 25 and an energy increase of 0.05. It has a cool down period of 3 seconds.
At this stage, Staryu evolves into Starmie. You will need 50 Staryu Candy to evolve them.
Candies for Evolution: 50 Staryu Candy
How To Find Staryu in Pokemon Go
Finding a pokemon in Pokemon Go is often determined by where you are, their type, time and sometimes even the weather.
- Since we’re dealing with a Water pokemon, look to find Staryu in areas near water. This could be oceans, lakes, rivers, and even fountains. Weather also factors into Pokemon Go. Therefore, if it’s raining outside, you may have better luck finding this pokemon.
Can Staryu hatch from an egg?
Staryu will hatch from a 5km egg.