Two notable shifts in the Pokemon GO game balance will be implemented in the coming weeks in preparation for the arrival of Pokemon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region.
Changes to Pokemon Migration and Behavior
The following changes will effect the Pokemon that appear around you:
- Weather is being adjusted and will have a reduced effect on the rate of Pokemon appearance.
- A greater variety of Pokemon species will appear over the time you are exploring an area. They will also appear at different rates.
- Parks, nature reserves, and other areas will contain a greater variety of Pokemon Species.
Changes to Pokemon Effectiveness in Battle
In-game battle mechanics have been rebalanced. Noticeable changes include the following:
- CP values will be adjusted to improve game balance
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between high HP Pokemon and low HP Pokemon
- Pokemon Defense and Stamina Values will be retroactively rebalanced. This will allow highly defensive Pokemon to be more valuable in battle by outlasting opponents rather than running out the clock.
- Defense values will be slightly retroactively reduced for most Pokemon. This will help put Pokemon with the highest defensive stats on an even playing field with other Pokemon.